Goettl Air Conditioning is a southwestern HVAC company that introduced central air conditioning to the U.S. The two Goettl brothers started the company in 1926 in Arizona with the motto of providing excellent customer service that people could trust. They developed the reputation, and today Goettl is a leader in the HVAC industry.
The company has had several other owners throughout the 75 years, but customer service has always been a top priority. Under the management of Ken Goodrich, the family-based company earned the “The 2017 Best Air Conditioning” in Arizona.
So, Goettl is the contractor to call when you want to install a new AC system or get assistance with any of your heating and cooling needs. Goodrich has future plans to expand the company into Las Vegas with the same high-quality recognition and then to establish the brand in California.
Below are seven tips from Goettl to help save money while still staying cool:
- Weatherize your home. Replace old insulation as needed and seal cracks with caulk.
- Place the main AC unit in the shade, so it doesn’t have to work as hard.
- Keep the thermostat out of direct sunlight and bright lights. They will mislead the system into overworking.
- Install low-emissivity windows or apply tint film to deflect the sunshine.
- Set the thermostat at 78 degrees; For every degree below 78 degrees, there is an eight percent increase in energy used. Invest in a programmable thermostat; one on your smartphone is ideal.
- Check air filters once a month and replace as necessary. Filters prevent allergens, dust, and other particles from entering your home.
- Get a tune up for your AC unit once or twice a year from a professional to maintain optimal service.
If your AC system is old, consider replacing it to lower electric bills and improve efficiency.