With the current technology, online reputation is one of the most important assets someone possesses. Whether you are a job seeker with uncomfortable pictures, a manager with bad press habits or a business owner with negative reviews, online reputation can be altered in certain ways.
Online reputation matters when applying for college, asking for a promotion, starting a business, developing a business partnership, searching for a job, talking to the press, borrowing a loan, buying a house, attracting new customers and even going out on a date.
No matter who you think you are, someone is always Googling you at any instant. It can either be a family member, friend or an acquaintance. You will want them to find impressive things about you.
How to repair online reputation;
- Remove all the content that can cause you trouble. Photos and information on your social media accounts or blogs that are uncomfortable should be pulled down. You should also ask your friends to remove your bad pictures in case you are tagged.
- Changing your username to a more anonymous one in case you made embarrassing comments on blog posts or social media.
- Make your name unique to avoid a situation where you share a name with a famous person, criminal or a prolific online persona.
- After making all the necessary changes, it is important to stop making the same mistakes so that the negative reputation can be pushed down the pecking order. Only feed Google with data that gives a positive reflection of you.
How to prevent online reputation mistakes as from link;
- Keep what is private to yourself. This involves personal secrets, hateful opinions and lewd photos. Never share any material that can be used against you.
- Monitor the developing online reputation. Quickly identified developing information to be able to shut it down in case it is malicious.
- Use services like Google alerts which can email you in the case of query.
- Never ever get angry online. People can say hateful words on the internet but creating a fight shows how petty you are.
- Use robust passwords and secure devices. This can help you fight off malicious hackers who can easily ruin your online reputation.